King of the Road: Notes From Monday Night’s Brewers Game
For those of you who didn’t stay up to catch last night’s game against the San Diego Padres, prepare to start kicking yourselves, as what you are about to read is the kind of thing no self respecting Brewers fan should have missed:
With this performance, Braun now leads the team in 4 offensive categories:
- Batting Average (.294)
- Runs (16, tied with Hart)
- Homeruns (7)
- RBI (17)
Additionally, the performance carried some additional records with it:
- Braun is the first player, home or visitor, to have a 3 homerun game at Petco Park.
- This was Braun’s first 3 homerun game of his career.
- Braun is the firstplayer with 3 homeruns and a triple since Boston Red Sox outfielder Fred Lynn accomplished the feat on June 18, 1975.
- The last major leaguer to have 15 total bases in a game was Dustin Pedroia on June 24, 2010.
- Braun has set anew Brewers franchise record with 15 total bases in a single game. The previous high was 14 by Richie Sexson in 2003.
We at Cream City Cables would like to extend our congratulations to Ryan on this monumental performance, and a great end to the 1st month of the season. And don’t forget you can follow Cream City Cables on Facebook as well as on Twitter (@kevinkimmes, @NPetrashek, and@ryanhenrysmith2) for all the latest Brewers (and Timber Rattler) news and opinions.